We are now hiring two research consultant positions at the library. 6-8 hours/each in the Fall semester, beginning as ASAP after classes start.
To apply, turn in an Application for Student Employment at the Circulation desk.
TITLE: Research Consultant (number of positions varies)
Part-time; hours vary; no benefits; hourly pay rate based on years employed on campus (1st yr: $7.25/hr; 2nd yr: $7.35/hr; 3rd yr: $7.45/hr; 4th yr: $7.55/hr)
REPORTS TO: Instruction and Research Services Librarian
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Peer research consultation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides individual consultations on-demand and by appointment about using library resources to find appropriate information for academic assignments and citation style.
- Attends initial training during the first week of the semester.
- Attends weekly hour-long staff meeting for ongoing training.
- Provides clerical support, such as assembly of instructional materials, packets, displays, etc.
- Works on special projects/assignments as directed.
- Works at Circulation Desk to provide checkout/check-in service.
- Provides assistance in using Library copier and public computers.
NOTE: Student employees are expected to maintain appropriate job behavior including reporting to work on time and as scheduled; compliance with all policies and procedures; and completion of time sheets according to guidelines/deadlines.
Research Consultants will report to Circulation Staff in the Instruction and Research Services Librarian’s absence.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student of the Ringling College of Art and Design.
- Must have completed EN151: Writing Studio or received transfer credit for this course.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Position requires attention to detail and a previous experience in research.
- Strong verbal communication skills. Ability to relate to students from a variety of academic backgrounds.
- Primary availability required during evening hours on Sunday through Thursday nights.
Ability to work with computers, both visually and dexterously.
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and reach shelving heights up to six feet.