Archive for the ‘News’ Category
Posted by Carter on August 22, 2012
Posted by Carter on April 9, 2012
Want to get a leg up on Thesis? Students who will be returning as seniors in the fall may check out up to five books for the summer. Remember that you must specifically request a book for the summer when you are checking it out–otherwise the normal three-week checkout period will apply. DVDs, magazines and other library materials are not available for summer checkout.
Posted by Carter on February 11, 2012
The library has two Cintiq stations available. These computers are closest to our front doors. Didn’t bring your Wacom pen with you? That’s ok, just ask at the front desk if you’d like to borrow one to use with the Cintiq. There are no time limits on these machines. We still have four quick print & scan stations, as well as one quick print stations.
Posted by Carter on February 3, 2012
Posted by Carter on October 7, 2011
Kimbrough Library at Ringling College of Art + Design supports Ringling 10:10 AQUA Week. Also be sure to check out their blog. We have prepared a guide contains supplemental resources about water use and conservation. It is designed for people who want to educate themselves further about the role water plays in our environment.
Ask at the library if you would like help finding any of the resources listed on this resource guide.
Posted by Carter on April 21, 2011
Posted by Carter on April 7, 2011
Get a leg up on your research this summer. Rising Seniors (current Juniors) should see below about details for extended Summer checkout.
1) Rising Seniors can check out up to five books for the summer. DVDs and other library materials don’t qualify.
2) The due date for these items will be August 29. (One week after classes start)
3) Rising Seniors MUST specifically request a book for the summer when checking it out. It doesn’t happen automatically.
Posted by Carter on February 9, 2011
The Library is excited to offer an opportunity for student artwork displays. We have reserved our largest display case for 2D or 3D work.
Posted by Carter on December 8, 2010
The Library’s online catalog will soon have a new & improved look. In addition to a streamlined look, it will have all the functions you’re familiar as well as new features.
- My Search – lets you save your favorite searches and repeat them the next time you log in. It’s great for keeping up with new items about topics you are interested in.
- My List – you can select titles from your search results and save them in a personalized list inside the library catalog.
- Edit Search and Filters options – easily refine and filter your search results without going back to previous search pages.
We think you will like the convenience and appearance of the new interface. It will be in place starting Monday, December 13.
Library staff are able to assist with this transition. Please contact us with any questions or feedback at 359-7587.